Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Part 28 - Miriam's Point of View

Nymphadora was still looking at me with a very confused face. I know that she didn’t know what to say. After a while, she spoke.

Nymphadora: Are you really pregnant? When did that happen?
Me: Shhhh… I’m not… but please, don’t tell anyone…
Nymphadora: Oh… alright… but what will we do now?
Me: I don’t know… but maybe Voldemort won’t want to marry me anymore…
Nymphadora: I don’t think so… my parents said that if you don’t want to marry Voldemort, you’ll die… we’ll all die…

I froze… what would happen now? What would I do? I was desperate… I started to cry. Nymphadora was going to say something, but she couldn’t, because someone entered in the room.

Nymphadora: Mum!
Nymphadora’s Mum: Shut up and come with me. Lord Voldemort wants to talk with you, about your Mudblood friend…
Me: Hey! I’m not a Mudblood!

Nymphadora’s mum laughed and grabbed her daughter’s arm. They left the room and I was all alone now. I was so worried… I didn’t know what would happen next and I didn’t know how Ron was… I sat on the bed, crying. I cried so much that I fell asleep.
When I woke up it was really late. I was still alone. Suddenly, someone entered in the room. It was Draco Malfoy…

Draco: Oh! I see that you’re awake now, princess…
Me: Yes… what do you want?
Draco: Well, the dinner is ready… Lord Voldemort wants you to have dinner with him.
Me: I’m not hungry…
Draco: Didn’t you understand what I said? Voldemort wants you to have dinner with him! It’s an order!
Me: Alright… alright…
Draco: Fine… he said that you can wear one of those dresses. *he pointed towards a big wardrobe*
Me: Okay…
Draco: Well, I’m leaving. I’ll be here in twenty minutes to lead you towards the dinning room.
Me: Alright…

And he left me. I didn’t have another option, so I opened the wardrobe to pick a dress. When I saw the dresses, I was scared… they were all pink… how did Voldemort know that I like pink? After a while, I picked one of the dresses and put it. Some minutes later, someone knocked the door. I knew it was Draco…
Me: You can come in…
Draco: Fine! *he came in* Humm… that dress is pretty…
Me: Thanks…
Draco: Well, Lord Voldemort is waiting for you. Come with me.

So, we left the room and went downstairs. The rest of the house was as dark as my room, but it had some candles which emitted kind of a green light too. Finally, we arrived to the dinning room. There were many death eaters around the table. I saw Nymphadora sat near her parents. She looked very sad… I think that she wanted to tell me something, but her mother stopped her by hitting her arm. I looked around, trying to see if Ron or Harry were there too, but they weren’t… Then, Voldemort spoke.

Voldemort: Ah! Here is my princess! Good evening!
Me: Good evening…
Voldemort: Come here! Join us! *he pointed towards an empty chair near him*

I didn’t say anything, but I sat near him. He served me my dinner and then everyone started eating, talking and laughing… well, everyone except me and Nymphadora. We were silent and we weren’t eating.
I couldn’t eat… I was thinking about a plan to escape. And then, I got one. If I could get out of there while everyone was eating, I would try to find Harry and Ron, then we’d save Nymphadora and get out of there…

Voldemort: Miriam? Are you alright, princess?
Me: Yes, my lord… but I’m not hungry anymore… can I go back to my room?
Voldemort: Of course, but… wait a minute. Miss Tonks! Come here!

Nymphadora got up and walked towards us. She was still looking very sad.

Voldemort: Well, as both of you must know, Miss Tonks will become a death eater tomorrow and I decided to marry Miriam tomorrow evening.
Me: But…
Voldemort: I know… you’re pregnant, but… Miss Tonks will receive her dark mark tomorrow morning and her first task as a death eater is to prepare a potion… a potion for you, Miriam Evelyn… she’ll give it to you and when you drink it, you’ll lose your baby… but, of course, if you’re not pregnant, the potion will kill you…

Nymphadora and I were both shocked. Voldemort laughed.

Voldemort: You can return to your room, princess… See you tomorrow.

I left without a word. I ran towards my room and grabbed one of those candles. I decided to explore that scary house… I wanted to find Ron… I wanted to save everyone… we had to get out of there before it was too late… because if I drank that potion, I’d certainly die…
After a while, I found some stairs which led towards a darker place. Maybe that place was the dungeons… I found a key on the floor… Strange… maybe that key would open the dungeons door. Then, I arrived to the dungeons. I tried the key and… the door opened! I was so happy! I entered in the dungeon and someone spoke…

Someone: Who’s there?
Me: Ron? Is that you?
Ron: Mimi! You’re here! I’m so happy to see you! *we hugged and kissed*
Me: Oh Ron! I was so worried about you! Did they hurt you?
Ron: No… Malfoy casted some spell on me… I fainted and when I woke, I was here… But Harry seems really hurt… he’s still fainted… *he pointed towards Harry, who was on the floor, unconscious*
Me: Oh… we have to get out of here…
Ron: Yeah… where’s Dora?
Me: She’s upstairs… Voldemort plans to put a dark mark on her arm tomorrow morning… then she’ll have to prepare a potion…
Ron: A potion? Why?
Me: Well… I… I… I told Voldemort that I’m pregnant…
Ron: But you aren’t!
Me: I know! But I thought that if he thought that I was pregnant, he wouldn’t want to marry me!
Ron: Yeah… but how about if he had killed me?
Me: Then I would have died too… *I started to cry*
Ron: Shh… don’t cry… I’m here! Now, tell me… why will Nymphadora have to prepare a potion?
Me: Voldemort told us that when I drink that potion, I’ll lose my baby, but if I’m not pregnant, the potion will kill me…
Ron: Oh no… don’t drink that…
Me: But…
Ron: Go upstairs and tell him that you’re not pregnant! Save your life!
Me: But if I tell him that, he’ll marry me… If he does that, he will kill you… if I don’t marry him, he will kill all of us…
Ron: Marry him… I want you to live…
Me: But I will never be happy again without you…
Ron: Don’t say that… you’ll be really happy… you’ll be rich and you’ll have everything you want… you’ll be treated as a princess…
Me: No, I won’t… if you die, then I’ll die with you… *he kissed me*

Then someone opened the door.

Voldemort: How lovely… I knew that you weren’t pregnant, princess…
Me: You’re right… I’m not… but I won’t marry you!
Voldemort: Oh… why, princess? Don’t you like me?
Me: Of course not!!! I hate you! You’re evil and cruel!
Voldemort: Oh, yes? You are completely right, princess! CRUCIO! CRUCIO!

He casted a Crucio on me and another one on Ron. Oh… that hurt so much… Ron and I fell on the floor. Voldemort was laughing. Nymphadora was behind him. She didn’t say anything and she was inexpressive.

Me: Dora! Help us… please…

But she didn’t move. Voldemort laughed even more and casted more Crucios on us… I was so weak… I couldn’t resist anymore and I fainted.
When I woke up, I was still inside the dungeon. Ron and Harry were there too. Harry was awake.

Me: Harry! How are you?
Harry: I’m fine… hurt, but fine…
Me: And how is Ron?
Harry: I don’t know… he’s still unconscious…
Me: No… Ron! Wake up! Please! Wake up! Wake up!
Harry: Calm down!
Me: Sorry…

I sat near Ron and grabbed his hand. He was so cold…

Then, someone entered.

Lucius: Good morning, princess! You are really lucky, you know?
Me: Oh, yeah?
Lucius: Yes! The Lord is a bit angry with you… but he still wants to marry you…
Me: I DON’T WANT TO MARRY HIM!
Lucius: Don’t yell at me! You will marry Voldemort, no matter if you want to or not!

Lucius grabbed my arm and led me outside the dungeon. I was reluctant, but I didn’t have another option…
He led me towards that dark garden. Everyone was there. Then, I saw them… Nymphadora’s parents… trying to put a dark mark on her arm.

Me: No! Nymphadora!!! Don’t become one of them!
Voldemort: Princess! Sorry about yesterday… but you really deserved that… By the way, your ex-boyfriend is here too…

Draco appeared. Ron was with him. He was awake, but very weak…

Me: Ron is not my ex-boyfriend! He is my boyfriend!
Voldemort: Really? CRUCIO! *he casted that spell on Ron*
Me: NO!!!!
Voldemort: Maybe I’ll let him live if you marry me…
Me: I won’t marry you!!!
Voldemort: Well, let me change your mind… CRUCIO! CRUCIO! *he casted two more Cruciatus curses on Ron*

Ron was really hurt… it was difficult for him to breathe. I started to cry… he was suffering… because of me! I didn’t want to marry Voldemort… but I had to… I decided to marry Voldemort… I was going to sacrifice myself… to save the love of my life’s life.

Me: Alright… I give up… I’ll marry you, Lord Voldemort…
Voldemort: Ah! I knew it! I’m irresistible…

He tried to kiss me… I was so scared… But then, someone spoke.

Someone: Take your dirty hands off my daughter, Voldemort!

It was my dad!!! Oh… I was happy now! He’s an auror! He came to save us, and he wasn’t alone! Many aurors were with him.

I was really happy to see my dad!!! And Voldemort was so surprised that he took his hands off me.
I ran towards Ron, who was on the floor.

Me: Ron! Ron, are you ok?
Ron: I… I…

He was really hurt and he couldn’t breathe very well.

Me: Ron, I’m so sorry… I want you to know that I only accepted to marry Voldemort because he told me that he was going to let you live if I married him…
Ron: You… shouldn’t… believe him…
Me: I know… but I couldn’t see him casting spells on you anymore…
Ron: I… love you…
Me: I love you too! *we kissed*
Ron: Ouch… my leg!
Me: Sorry!

I looked around. Nymphadora was still inexpressive, near her mother. The Aurors were fighting the death eaters. And I was really worried about my father… he was fighting with Voldemort! And… where was Harry?
Then, I saw Bellatrix Lestrange coming towards us.

Bellatrix: How lovely… the stupid princess and her pathetic boyfriend!
Me: RON IS NOT PATHETIC!!!
Bellatrix: Don’t yell at me! I could kill you now if I wanted…
Ron: Then I’d kill you too!
Bellatrix: Ah! Let me laugh… Well, I’m not here to talk… I’m here to take you, princess!
Me: Wha…

But I couldn’t finish what I was going to say. She grabbed my arm strongly and made me got up. She was really hurting me.

Bellatrix: Anthony… the powerful Auror… do you really think that you and your stupid aurors can defeat Voldemort?
Dad: Leave my daughter alone…
Voldemort: Don’t be rude to my friend Bellatrix, Anthony! After all, I’m going to be your son-in-law!
Dad: She will never marry you!
Voldemort: She doesn’t have choice… if she doesn’t marry me, she will die! All of her friends will die!
Me: I hate you, Voldemort! You are evil, cruel and disgusting! And you don’t have a heart! I will never marry you!
Voldemort: Is that your final word, Princess Miriam?
Me: YES!
Voldemort: Then you’ll die… but I’ll kill all of your family and friends… right in front of you! Say good-bye to your boyfriend… Avad…
Dad: Petrificus Totallus!

Voldemort was petrified. I never thought that such a simple spell could stop him…

Dad: Mimi, listen carefully! Alastor Moody is inside the house, waiting for you. Take Ron and go talk to him. He will tell you what to do.
Me: But, dad…
Dad: Go! We don’t have much time! Ahhhhhh…

Some spell hit my father and he fell. I was so scared, but I started to run towards Ron.

Me: Ron! Let’s go! We’ll be safe now!
Ron: I don’t know if I can run…
Me: Don’t run, walk! Come on, I hold you!
Ron: Alright…

He grabbed my arm and got up. We were walking slowly towards the house.

Me: Ron, I’m sorry… but can you walk a bit faster?
Ron: I’m trying!
Me: Please…
Ron: Hey! It’s not easy to run when you were hit by a lot of Crucios!
Me: I know… sorry…

While we were walking, I was watching what was happening. Nymphadora’s parents were fighting, Draco and his father weren’t there, as well as Voldemort. Bellatrix had just killed an Auror and… oh no! My father was on the floor…
Some aurors and death eaters were on the floor, but many of them were fighting! Nymphadora was still inexpressive and she didn’t move and I hadn’t seen Harry yet. I was so worried!
Then, Ron and I entered in the house. I saw a man sat on a couch.

Me: Alastor Moody, I presume.
Moody: Yes, it’s me.

He was really strange… he had a very odd eye. Now I know why my father called him “Mad-Eye Moody” when he talked about him last year…
Harry was near Moody!

Me: Harry! You’re here! Are you alright?
Harry: Yes… how is Dora?
Me: I don’t really know…
Moody: I know! She’s under an Imperius curse. She sees everything around her, but her body can’t move, unless the one who casted the spell on her gives her an order.
Harry: That must be awful for her… seeing her friends being hurt… and she can’t do anything!
Moody: You’re right, Harry!
Me: Yeah… well, Mr. Moody, my father told me to talk to you. Do you have any plan to save us?
Moody: Yes! Some Aurors will take the four of you out of here. We’ll put you in different places, so that we can mislead the death eaters! Miss Evelyn, your father wants you to stay at your home, Mr. Potter will come with me to Grimmauld Place, Miss Tonks will stay in St. Mangoust and Mr. Weasley will stay in the Leaky Cauldron.
Me: I’m sorry… but can Ron stay with me, in my house?
Moody: If he wants to…
Ron: I want to stay with Mimi!
Harry: Why does Nymphadora have to go to St. Mangoust?
Moody: Because she is under an Imperius curse! She needs to be seen by a doctor!
Harry: Can I stay with her?
Moody: NO!
Harry: WHY?
Moody: Don’t yell at me, Potter! You’ll stay with me, in Grimmauld Place!

Then, we heard some noise. The death eaters were entering in the house. I was really scared…

Moody: Oh no… we have to be quick! Miss Evelyn, take this. It’s a Portkey which will take you to your house.

Moody gave me a little piece of wood. Ron and I touched it. Once more, I felt everything spinning around me and when I opened my eyes, I was in my living room. I was so happy to be home! It was a really nice place.

Me: Welcome to my house!
Ron: It’s a very nice place!
Me: Yeah… it’s not as big as yours, but my family isn’t as big as yours too!

Ron smiled. Yes, my house wasn’t very big. We had a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom and two bedrooms: one for my parents and another one for me. We also had a pretty garden.

Ron: Your house is perfect! *he smiled*
Me: Thanks… Oh, we forgot to tell Harry “Good-bye”… and we forgot to thank Moody…
Ron: I think they’ll understand… the death eaters were coming!
Me: You must be right…

Then, we heard a noise. Someone was approaching…

Me: Who’s there?

When I saw who it was, I felt really happy!

Me: MUM!!! I’m so happy to see you!!! *I hugged her*
Mum: Mimi!!! You’re home! I was so worried… did they hurt you? Are you alright? Oh… my daughter… I was so scared…
Me: I’m fine, mum!
Mum: Oh… thank God! And…Ron! You’re here too! *she hugged him as well* Let me look at you… Oh, you don’t look well… Did they hurt you, sweetie?
Me: Yes, mum… they casted so many Cruciatus curses on him… because they wanted me to marry Voldemort… *I started to cry*
Mum: Oh… don’t cry… you’re safe now… Wait a moment, I have a potion to make you feel better, Ron.

And she left us. Ron and I sat on the couch. Some minutes later, my mum was back again. She was holding a little bottle with a purple potion on it.

Mum: Here. A potion against the Cruciatus curse.
Ron: Thanks…

He drank a bit of it and made a strange face. My mum and I laughed.

Ron: Wow… this is horrible!
Mum: Well, it’s a remedy, not a butter beer! Come on, drink all of it!

And so he did, but I could see that the potion was really horrible, by his face.

Mum: So… how are you feeling?
Ron: Humm… I’m feeling much better, but a bit tired…
Mum: It’s normal…
Me: Mum… I love you!

I got up and gave my mum a big hug.

Mum: I love you too, Mimi. But now I have to go.
Me: What?
Mum: I have to go, sweetie. They need me in St. Mangoust. I don’t know if they told you, but I’m going to take care of the ones who were hurt today, fighting Voldemort.
Me: Will you take care of Nymphadora as well?
Mum: Yes.
Me: Okay… you can go.
Mum: I knew that you’d understand… Well, both of you must be starving. There’s food in the kitchen, so eat! And don’t forget to rest! I don’t want you to stay awake until 2 am watching TV!

Ron made a confused face. Of course, he didn’t know what a TV was.

Me: Alright, mum.
Mum: And now, the most important: if someone knocks the door, don’t open it! The death eaters won’t rest until they find you… they won’t give up, so be careful! Don’t make noise and don’t use magic! I don’t want them to find you!
Me: I know, mum. We’ll be careful, don’t worry. And if you see Harry and Nymphadora, tell them that we’re really worried about them!
Mum: Alright! See you later! Bye!

She hugged both of us, took a bit of Floo Powder and disappeared. Now we were alone.

Ron: Mimi… what is a TV?
Me: Oh, it is kind of a box… a magic box. Muggles use it to watch films and things like that…
Ron: And what is a film?
Me: A film? Humm… how can I explain… well, do you know the pictures which wizards take? Those pictures where people move? A film is a little bit like that, but it’s very long and we can listen to people talking and singing…
Ron: That sounds great! Can we watch TV?
Me: Yes, but later.
Ron: Ok! Well, why do you have so many Muggle objects at home?
Me: Because we’re used to living near Muggles. My dad’s parents are Muggles. Well, as you may notice, I’m not a pure-blood at all! I have blood of Muggles, Wizards and Fairies!
Ron: Wow… *he laughed* Well, that’s what makes you special! *we kissed*
Me: Look at us… we are so dirty… our hands are brown and we have scratches…
Ron: Yeah… I think we need a good bath!
Me: I agree! I only have a bathroom, so you can go first.
Ron: No way! Ladies first!
Me: Alright! * I laughed* Come on, let’s get some pyjamas.

We went upstairs, towards my parents’ room. I opened the wardrobe and took two pyjamas, one for me and another one for Ron. I was sure that my mum and my dad wouldn’t mind if we borrowed their pyjamas. I also took some towels. Then, I led Ron towards my room.

Ron: You know what? Your room is exactly how I thought it was… pink. *he laughed*
Me: Yeah… and it has butterflies! *I laughed too* Well, I’m going to have a bath. You can stay here, watching TV, if you want.
Ron: Cool!!!

So, I turned the TV on and gave Ron the remote control. I told him to press the buttons with numbers to change to another program. Then, I went to the bathroom and had a bath. Some time later, I left the bathroom wearing a towel around my body.

Me: Ron, you can go now. Ron? I’m talking to you.
Ron: Oh, sorry! But this film is very cool!
Me: Ok, but now you can go and have a bath! The bathroom is the next door.
Ron: Alright…

And he left. I was going to put my pyjama, but then I felt water in my face. I forgot to put a towel around my hair. I went to the bathroom and knocked the door.

Me: Ron? May I come in? I need another towel…
Ron: Wait a second, let me close the curtain… Ok, you can come in.
Me: Thanks!

I entered in the bathroom and I froze… I saw a big, fat and black spider near the window… I’m so afraid of them…

Me: RON!!! A SPIDER!!! A SPIDER!!!

I was so scared that I dropped the towel which was around my body. Ron came out of the shower, very scared as well.
When we looked at each other... we were completely naked in front of each other! We were so embarrassed… I think I’ve never been so blushed in my whole life! Very ashamed, I picked my towel up and put it around me again. Ron picked a towel as well.

Me: I… I… I… have to go.

And I ran towards the door.

Ron: Mimi…
Me: Yes?
Ron: Didn’t you want another towel? *he gave me a towel*
Me: Yes… thank you!

I picked it and ran towards my room. I put my pyjama, went to the living room and sat on a couch. After a while, Ron sat near me. We were still so embarrassed that we couldn’t look at each other’s eyes! After a while, Ron spoke.

Ron: I definitely hate spiders…

We started to laugh.

Me: Yeah, me too! Did you kill it?
Ron: Hey! I’m not a murderer! *he laughed* No, the window was opened and the spider left.
Me: Okay! Are you hungry?
Ron: A bit… but first I want a kiss!
Me: A kiss? I’d give you a million!

And we kissed, kissed and kissed. Then, someone knocked the door…

Someone: Hey! You two! Stop kissing and open the door!
Ron: Mum?
Someone: Yes, it’s me! Open the door!

Ron got up, but I stopped him.

Me: Ron, don’t go! My mum didn’t tell us that your mum was coming… How about if she’s an impostor?
Ron: Don’t be silly, Mimi! Your mum must have forgotten…

And he opened the door. It really was Mrs Weasley, but her behaviour was weird…
She didn’t hug us, as she usually does… she didn’t even say “Good-evening”.

Mrs Weasley: I’m here to take care of you. Your mum told me that both of you are alright.
Me: Yes…
Mrs Weasley: I’m going to prepare our dinner.
Ron: Okay.

She went to the kitchen.

Me: See? She isn’t acting like your mum…
Ron: I have to agree…
Me: Maybe she’s a death eater who drank polijuice potion…
Ron: Don’t be silly… of course she’s my mum, she’s just a bit nervous…
Me: Humm… I doubt it…

Some minutes later, Mrs Weasley came out of the kitchen.

Mrs Weasley: The dinner is ready!
Me: Already? You were really quick…
Mrs Weasley: Yes, of course! My son must be starving… his girlfriend doesn’t know how to prepare a good meal for him!
Ron: MUM!
Me: I’m not hungry…
I went to my room and sat on my bed, crying. How could she have said those things? Definitely, she wasn’t the real Mrs Weasley… but Ron didn’t believe me. Or… maybe she was the real Mrs Weasley… maybe Ron was right and I was just paranoid about the death eaters… I was so confused! I went to my book-shelf and looked for a book about dark arts and I found a really old one… I didn’t even know that I had that book! I started to read it because I wanted some answers, I wanted to know if that woman inside my house could be a death eater. I spent more than two hours reading, but I didn’t find anything useful. And where was Ron? I haven’t heard him or Mrs Weasley for a while… And why didn’t he come to my room? I closed the book and entered in my bed. But then, I heard a noise coming from outside the window. I opened it and an owl came in. She gave me a letter and flew away. So, I sat on my bed and started to read the letter. It was from my mum.


“Dear Mimi,

We believe that you and Ron aren’t safe anymore. Some death eaters escaped.
You two must come to St. Mangoust immediately! Your father isn’t well… and we need to talk about Harry and Nymphadora.
By the way, Mrs Weasley is here too and she is very worried about Ron and you. She wants to talk to both of you.
Please, come as soon as you can!

Mummy loves you, Mimi!!!”


So, if Mrs Weasley was with my mum… who was this woman?

Posted by Miriam&Dora @ 11:42 am

Listening


Get your own Flash MP3 Player

Gallery

The Gryffindors' Common Room

Visits


visits

The Magic of Time


Link us!


Blogs you should visit